Friday, May 29, 2009

The Name of my post

Iight, so honestly I don't care who ends up reading this to start off, nor if I even continue to do this. Real talk, I plan on this just being my thoughts :

"Just my thoughts man - right or wrong
Just what I was feeling at the time, uhh
You ever felt like this, you vibe with me"
- Jay-Z
yea i'll probably do that alot. haha. May even get like Hemingway and run into a stream-of-consciousness. But somewhere between the thosands of parts of songs and million random facts in my brain I hope to give some sort of understanding if anything. Not sure for who yet, but an understanding. Now that i'm writing it reminds me of "Fight Club" (great movie, just watched it for the first time last night). Besides the intense bloodshed, i just keep hearing:
  1. I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
  2. I am Jack's smirking revenge.
  3. I am Jack's inflamed sense of rejection.
these are the 3 that I think that I could be most, and besides the other ones SCREAM "creeper joe" lol. So consider this blog " I am Ryan's ______."

There, alright now for the title of this blog. I am calling this "The Life and Times of a Poet Laureate". This title combines two of my favorite hip-hop songs. The first part "The Life and Times" is a lyric that been stuck in my head for the past 10 years. Of course Jay-Z's 2nd-4th album were all volumes of the "Life and Times of Sean Carter" but its the 2nd volume of which I will be lecturing today. The 2nd track (hmmm alot of 2's huh... i'll discuss the important of the deuce...i mean two at another time) is Hard Knock Life. Yea you know the joint with the orphan Annie hook. Well the line is about 1:14(14 hmm another good number) and you hear the words that have ran through my mind since the first time I heard it. "Life and times of Sean Carter nigga Volume 2". I don't know why this has stuck with me, maybe it's due to this is one of the first hip-hop songs I remember like everything about it. (I know its 1998, and thats late, but give me a break single mothers are not trying to let their kids hear all that hippity hoppity music, lol) But yea maybe its even the style, but for some reason I hear this line at least twice a day since I was like 8. Now you'd think this would be irritating or mind-blowing... but foreal its calming, because it reminds me of a peaceful time. *wuu sah*
Now the second part is from a lesser known series of tracks by the unsigned Canibus or Can-i-bus if you rather. Most people think the "production" as my boy Dubbz calls it "beats" are too out there... but i don't know with Canibus's flow it seems cool to me. Now Poet Laureate I and Infinity are good, but again the prize goes to Poet Laureate II- its like eleven minutes of lyrical gratitude and wordplay...just pure art. Well, maybe i'm over-exaggerating, but that's how it feels each time i hear it. lol like this this part out it's right before the beat switches... yes i said it- the whole beat just switches.

Complete enigmas wrapped in puzzles encrypted in language
with sound but without shape or signature
Kept files in his garage, on MS-DOS
in a fire-proof pod, we thought it was odd
Outside there was a shed with an Oppenheimer lock
he apparently kept more wax then Madame Tussaud's
We were in total awe, cause it blew our minds
so many rhymes that were intricately designed
He WAS Poet Laureate of his time
and if you dont mind, I'd like to share some of his rhymes

beat switches

Alone in my room, looking thru the 32X telescope zoom
adjusting the focus of the moon
One should not assume the philosophy of David Hume
is nothing more then a subjective conclusion
What is the maximum field rate application?
the run away glaciation surrounding the ocean basin
affects the population fluctuation
on a continuous basis but that's just the basics
- Canibus

Last thing to say about this title also refernces the actual title of Poet Laureate of the state, as I think is one of the most "ill" positions, since your are the emergency poet to christen any moment. I think it kind of makes you the truth. (As you can see, I like to make things bold, lol... and still have not figured out who is this you I'm speaking to. lol) Example of "the truth" Amiri Baraka was a Poet Laureate of NJ. Now regardless of what you may say about the man...he is a revolutionary. End of story. Anyway this is where the title of my blog comes from, as well as where I leave you (there's that you again...lol)

Up next... artistatcantdra- no what forget it, i'll answer that here. Iight my author name as well as aim, ( anyone who likes this and doesn't want to leave comments, [or however this works...as you can see not really a blogger...well guess I am now, but still] hit me on the aim) is Artistatcantdra. It comes from the idea of the r&b artist Musiq Soulchild theme of phonetically doing albums like Aijuswanaseing instead of "I just wanna Sing", or Juslisten instead of "Just Listen". Anyway this is me phonetically saying "Artist that can't draw". It's what I like to consider myself. I've even thought that if I did do a spoken-word/ hip-hop album that it's what I'd want it to be called. I know artist that can't draw may seem dumb...but wait no YOU' RE dumb. lol Because I do consider myself a lyrical artist or a master of diction and synthax, yet that requires no paintbrush or canvas... Hopefully the only canvas I need is a reading eye or listening ear...

That's it. Now I doubt all my entries will be this long, but I just wanted to get all the basics out for .... people. There, now I'm not dealing with this mysterious "you" again. lol

o and last thing shout out to "The Executive" -> Shanel my LS of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Incorporated... she's doing it big today for her 21st. "I SEE YOU ACE!!"


by the way i just found out i'm a "trip and a half". that's bet! haha

2 comments:

  1. "I know artist that can't draw may seem dumb...but wait no YOUR dumb." <---Typical, I love it. Haha.

    Also, I always wondered if your s/n had something do do with Musiq...welcome to the blogging world, #2...er...friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol thanks Nersh... but i don't know how long I'll be in this blogging world... I may be a one blog wonder, blog for a week...and then drop the keyboard and retire. lol

    ReplyDelete